5 Key Ways to Save Money if You Own a Pool
There are many wonderful advantages to owning your own pool. You get to enjoy the opportunity to relax in a refreshing way at home. You can get some great exercise without having to head to the gym or local public pool. And pools are a great addition to summer parties that you may host at your home.
Pools do have their downside, though, and the biggest problem is that they cost a lot to maintain. The following five tips can help you enjoy the benefits of being a pool owner while cutting costs to limit that one major drawback.
1. Spend money to save money. The best thing that you can do to save money on pool maintenance is to invest in the type of high-quality equipment that makes keeping your pool clean easy for you. There are several different products on the market that will crawl your pool to keep it clean, providing you with the most relaxing and efficient pool. Over time, this saves you money.
2. Reduce the use of your pool pump. One of the best ways to reduce your ongoing monthly bills as a home pool owner is to reduce the amount of time and energy that the pool pump is using. There are two key ways to do this. One is to switch to a smaller pool pump. The second is to start limiting how many hours during the day the pump is actually active. Either way will reduce your monthly electric bills while still keeping the pool clean, especially if you've invested in one of those high-quality pool-cleaning devices mentioned above.
3. Invest in a pool blanket. This simple device does two key things that will save you money. First, it keeps the pool warm so you don't have to pay to heat the pool. Second, it reduces water evaporation, which reduces your water bill costs each month.
4. Heat the pool with solar power. If you are someone who wants to have a heated pool then the pool blanket isn't the only way to save money. Another key investment is solar power. By using solar panels to heat the pool, you are taking advantage of the power of the sun and will save yourself a bundle on monthly home energy bills.
5. Invest in energy-efficient lighting around the pool area. Many people have lots of bright lights around the pool to keep it safe out there at night. This is important but make sure that you're using the most energy-efficient lighting possible so that you don't compromise safety but also don't compromise your electric bill!
Publish Date: 2011-06-27 14:26:38
Electric Energy Articles